Plain Text Editor
Plain Text Editor 7.0
Plain Text Editor allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
You miss a text editor able to open, edit and save plain text files? You want special features such as foreground and background colors? Text wrapping and unwrapping? Macintosh, Windows and Unix ends of lines? Spelling checking? Find and replace? Regular expressions? Unlimited number of undo?
Then Plain Text Editor is what you need!
- It works with any kind of plain text files (text, source code, HTML, ...).
- You can automatically concatenate documents by dropping them on the same window.
- You can open recently opened files.
- You can scroll forward and backward through all opened windows.
- You can reload files from disk at any time.
- It has an unlimited number of undo.
- You can find and replace text, even with regular expressions.
- You can select the default font and default font size of the editor.
- You can select the default foreground color and default background color of the editor.
- You can print your documents.
- You can wrap and unwrap the text in the windows.
- You can swap between Macintosh, Windows and Unix ends of lines.
- You can perform spelling checking in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- You can change the type and the creator of the documents.
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.
- It is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian and many other languages.
Read the whole documentation for more details...
Information for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite users:
Under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite, if you're launching the Application for the first time, maybe Mac OS X's GateKeeper (which you can configure in the "System Preferences") will refuse to launch it because you've not downloaded it from the Mac App Store (but from our website). In this case, instead of double-clicking on it, all you have to do is to right-click on the Application's icon, and then select the "Open" menu. A message will appear in which you'll be able to confirm that you want to launch the Application (even if it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store from an Identified Developper).
NB: We're not distributing our Applications through the Mac App Store, because Apple's fees policy on the Mac App Store is not financially respectful of developers and small and medium companies.