Desktop Web Browser
Desktop Web Browser 5.1
Desktop Web Browser allows you to navigate the internet and to display webpages directly on the desktop of the Finder.
You want to navigate the internet directly on the desktop of the Finder? You want to display a webpage as your desktop wallpaper?
Then Desktop Web Browser is what you need!
- You can navigate the internet directly on the desktop of the Finder.
- You can set the URL of the webpage loaded by default at start.
- You can set the transparency of the browser to see your original desktop wallpaper underneath.
- You can set the refresh period of the browser if you want to automatically refresh the webpage periodically.
- You just need to press the Alt key to open the links into Safari.
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.
- It is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish and many other languages.
Read the whole documentation for more details...
Information for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks users:
Under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks, if you're launching the application for the first time, maybe Mac OS X's GateKeeper (which you can configure in the "System Preferences") will refuse to launch it because you've not downloaded it from the Mac App Store (but from our website). In this case, instead of double-clicking on it, all you have to do is to right-click on the application's icon, and then select the "Open" menu. A message will appear in which you'll be able to confirm that you want to launch the application (even if it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store from an Identified Developper).
NB: We're not distributing our applications through the Mac App Store, because Apple's fees policy on the Mac App Store is not financially respectful of developers and small and medium companies.